I have quite a few long, loose, tunic-length tops to wear with skinny jeans/leggings and boots. I realized the other day that the hole in my closet is long-sleeved t-shirts to wear with jeans. So, I have a few cut out right now. I sewed this one today and I love it. Of course, it’s a Jalie.
I used my *new* Bernina serger (squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!) to do all the construction plus I added some decorative 2-thread flatlocking to the shoulders. I probably should have done it in a color that matched the cuffs, but I chose black. I used Woolly Nylon in the left needle and black serger thread to the lower looper. I changed the stitch length to be really close together. In hind sight, I should have made the stitches a tiny bit more apart. Right now, if you look closely, you can see that it is stitches, but it also kind of looks like piping or something solid.
I love this knit ribbing. The black thread kind of looks random, but I’m okay with that. I still love this shirt. The fit is fab and the fabric is cozy. That’s enough for me! I have another t-shirt (same pattern) that I should have done in the next couple of days. I’m adding reverse applique to it. I’m hoping it looks cute!