Saturday, February 27, 2016

Ottobre 01-2015 #25 Girl’s Knit Top

My girl wears lots and lots of knit tops so I’m always looking for ways to spruce them up a little and make them a bit different. This Ottobre pattern fits the bill perfectly. It has a wider neck, shaped hem, and sleeve gathers. All those little details add up to a cute top. I made size 122 and removed about 1/4” at the CB and CF. I think the fit is right on, but she’s quickly moving into the next size!
ott_0115_22_1

 


 

I tried to get some shots that weren’t crazy but this is what you get. This is a left-over knit that was kindle gifted to me. It reminds me a lot of woven pique texture, except it’s in knit form. I’ve never really seen a knit like this one. It’s kind of like a waffle knit, but kind of not.
IMG_4944

 

This is the only decent one out of about 40.
IMG_4945

 

 

Things are not right in the world unless I also have 40 photobombing photos. She’s wearing her Jalie mustache top (which has been in CONSTANT rotation in their wardrobe).
FullSizeRender (17)

 

You create the sleeve ruching by stretching elastic and sewing it down. When it stretches back to normal, it pulls the fabric with it.
FullSizeRender (16)

 

I used hot pink coverstitching because Pink!
FullSizeRender (15)

FullSizeRender (14)

 

I have many things to show you guys. I need a couple hours to photograph some things. It’s been so dark and icy, it has been difficult to get outside.

No comments: