Saturday, October 7, 2017

Katniss Everdeen – Oooooh yea.

When my twinny said that she wanted to be Katniss Everdeen for Halloween, I was thinking we were just talking about a black body suit. Well, I was mistaken. This twin wanted the whole works. She wanted the white sleeves, the white piping, the round inserts, everything.

katniss4 (1)katniss3 (1)


That’s right. Move over Katniss Everdeen. There’s a new badass in town.
katniss6 (1)

 

The Set-Up

I used Jalie 3135, the skinsuit, to create this look. I had to slice and dice this baby up to match the Katniss jumpsuit. It was pretty easy actually. I just eyeballed the style lines and sliced up the pattern. I highlighted all the edges to remind myself to add seam allowances. This pattern isn’t a raglan sleeve so I made a faux-raglan sleeve.

IMG_0483IMG_0482


I found this matching fabric at JoAnn’s. It was part of the Yaya Han Cosplay collection and it’s PERFECT for this costume.
katniss8


For the “piping,” I just freehanded the lines and then zigzagged over the lines. Then, little Katniss herself ran elastic through the zigzag until it created a piping effect.
IMG_0433IMG_0479IMG_0440IMG_0438



The Result

A very happy little camper. She even made herself a little bow and arrow.
katniss7katniss5 (1)katniss2 (1)katniss4katniss3katniss6katniss5katniss1

katniss2katniss1 (1)



She wore it all day so I think it’s pretty much a win.

IMG_0450


Whew, now something for me!

No comments: