Saturday, January 26, 2008

i love microfleece!

Sitting in an ice skating rink all morning will make you want to get home and sew some microfleece tops. This is what I made today. Kwik Sew 3567


Pattern Description: From the envelope: Misses' close fitting tops have raglan sleeves and side panels. View A has mock turtleneck, side panels from contrast fabric, and full length sleeves. View B has V-neckline with neckband and side panels from contrast fabric, and full length sleeves. View C has round neckline with neckband and side panels from contrast fabric, and short sleeves from contrast fabric.


Pattern Sizing:This is XS, S, M, L, XL. I made the S.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes, it looks just like the line drawings and the model photo. I chose different colors but everything else is the same.


Were the instructions easy to follow?Yes, very much so. Of course, it is pretty basic and straightforward.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I love the fit, love the contrast panels. The directions were very easy. The length is great. Usually I have to make things an inch or two longer but this was perfect out of the envelope. From cut to coverstitch, this took 2 hours and looks very RTW.


Fabric Used:I used a lime green microfleece for the main fabric and a cobalt blue microfleece for the contrast panels. Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:None, this is my muslin. My mom always goes through a store and says things like, "Oh, this is nice, I'll just have you make me one." We were in Sports Authority and she was looking at all these microfleece warm-up tops and kept saying that. I had this pattern in my head and told her we could barter. She would buy the pattern and I would make a couple shirts for her. So, fair trade. This is the muslin and now I'll make her one. She is much curvier than I am so I am making her the large with a bit of flair in the hips.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?I will sew this many times. It is very comfortable in the shoulders and will be great for my active lifestyle. It looks very RTW with the side contrast panels and the nice, wide collar. I have a few yards of some Gorgeous Fabrics knit that would be awesome with some black contrast panels. Hmmmmmmm . . .


Conclusion: Love it! This is my first "real" Kwik Sew pattern. I say that because I picked up a KS pattern at Salvation Army last year. Some pieces were cut and the directions were mangled. I am impressed with the directions now that I can read them. This is also a Kwik Serge pattern that can be made with just your serger. It would be a great serger pattern. Here is the front, side panel, and back.

No comments: