Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Wardrobe Plan -- The Real One

Okay, so I'm going to pretend that that other blog post doesn't exist. I may erase it and the last one now that I think I have this new editor figured out a bit. We'll see I guess.

I haven't been doing too much sewing lately. I have all this great fabric and it's just sitting forlorn on a shelf in my sewing room. I'm starting to feel bad for it. I chose a bunch of stuff that kind of goes together and decided that it's time to hop back on this horsey and get riding again. So, we have (r-l) white cotton shirting (hard to see in the lower right), light grey t-shirting, darker grey RPL, dusty rose baby jersey, hot pink baby jersey, rayon slub jersey, matte jersey, crazy purple/black cotton jersey, and wool sweater knit. I have some ideas for some of it but definitely need some basics.



Here are the ones I have sort of figured out. I don't want to restrict myself too much to a plan. I love these 02/2010 #102 pants. I think they'd be great in a dark pinstripe RPL.
















The 09/2010 #121 turtleneck would be perfect for these two baby knits. These are part of my recent fabric haul. I love this fabric. I may buy more of it. I can't find the September photos of BurdaStyle magazine online. I can find August and October but September seems to have been eaten by the new Burda website. The bottom one is more of a dusty rose. It's hard to tell the color in this photo.





















I absolutely adore this bubble skirt in the 08/2010 edition of Burda. It's for a woven but I'm sure it will be fine in a knit if I reinforce the yoke. I'll use this light grey heathered t-shirt knit.


























I think these 04/2010 #119 pants would be great in this grey RPL. This is another fabric from my recent Fabric.com order.

































These pants are cute too and I might make them in a thin denim. Haven't decided yet . . .












I also have all this fabric which is unspoken for. I want to use the slub rayon for another simplicity cardigan. I'm not sure about the other fabrics. I'm thinking knit dresses for the purple/black knit and the crazy purple/black/dot fabric. The bottom one is the Slub Rayon Jersey Knit . It's so soft and pretty!!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Those picks are great! That color scheme is going to look fantastic on you!

Summer said...

Ooh, I'm contemplating the Burda 04/2010 #119 pants too.
Your wardrobe plan looks great!

amber said...

I like where you're going with these. :)