Sunday, October 11, 2015

Burda Challenge–September

Yes, I know. I’m late. Again. Siiigh. I need to do a better job keeping my shit together. It’s not that I’m not sewing either, I’m just getting distracted. Tee hee.

I like this skirt but I’m not sure I’m in love with it, if you know what I mean. The top of it is so low, I can’t decide if it’s better with a tucked shirted or an untucked shirt. Maybe just not this shirt (I just made this too and will review soon!). Anyway, the skirt is cute enough.
b_0915_102_1

 

 

The skirt has lots of movement. You can see here that it flairs out just from me slowly turning for pictures.
b_0915_102_2

 

The fit is nice. Low, but nicely fitted. This is the size 34. There are four pieces to this. A CF, CB, side front, and side back. They have you make the bottom out of two identical circles.
b_0915_102_3

 

Sorry, husband was taking pictures. He’s like super helpful. The lumpy parts under the skirt at my hip level is the shirt clumping up.
b_0915_102_4

 

See? Low. And I think that is exactly how it’s supposed to fit.
b_0915_102_5

 

Invisible zipper in the side seam.
b_0915_102_6

 

What do you guys think? Tucked in? Out? This top is supposed to be crooked like this. Maybe just a different top?
b_0915_102_7

 

They have you just leave the hem raw. I did it but I’m not sure how I like it. It frays and looks unfinished (duh!). I put in a line of stitching about 1/4” away just to prevent any crazy runs.
b_0915_102_8

 

The top sections of the skirt are lined. The flared part below is not.
b_0915_102_9

 

I am still working on my Jalie jacket for the Sew A-Long. I put in the zipper but it was wavy. I think I need to interface or do something else. Still pondering that. I just finished this top in the pictures too. Will review that soon too.

No comments: