It's a good job. The pay is really nice.
Now I'm one of those wives. You know. The social networking, giant diamond, quad-shot drinking, Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses-wearin' wives*. Except that I'm not that wife.
But as a wife of that guy I have what are called "mandatory events" that I must attend. So, I am in need of a little black dress that will work for cocktail hour. What do you guys think? I have a few requirements but can you guys think of any others?
- It must have sleeves. I have toned arms but it is chilly here in Alaska and even a summer day can be brisk. I'm thinking short sleeves so it will work for the summer.
- I want to be able to dress it up or down.
- I am thinking knit but I know this isn't as sophisticated as a woven. Or is it?
- I want something knee-ish length.
- I want something that is more classic versus trendy.
- I like wrap dresses. They are pretty neutral right?
Here are some options. Do you guys think they would be okay? I tend to err on the side of too casual rather than too dressy. You don't want to be more dressed than the bosses wife.
Here is the really cute jumper from the 09/2008 BWOF. Cute but no sleeves. I will make this but maybe I could make this in a black wool crepe and wear a cute top under it.
I would shorten this to knee length. I like the bust gathering and the stomach runching.
Cute but too froo-froo?
I like this for the unique shape of the sleeves. Would it be dressy if I did it in a black? The pattern is for a woven.
The wrap dress.
I love the shape of this dress. I can't resist boatneck/high neck tops and dresses. No sleeves but . . .
*No offense to anyone out there. It's just not me. I'm more of the polarfleece-wearing, child-carrying, blueberry-picking, cupcake-stained, school teacher type.