This is a bad picture I took of one of their shirts. Can a home embroidery machine do this sort of stitching? The little letters are embroidered on felt or other fabric. Could this be done with a little practice or is this something that only industrial machines do?
Here's a photo from their jammies. The green heart and the blue 'e' are fabric with embroidered edges.
I love all the little flowers on these pants. Too cute!
Yes, I need one:
- What sewer don't want a new shiny piece of equipment?
- I will use it on the kids' clothes regularly, I think.
- If I can figure out my serger, I think I can figure out an embroidery machine.
- I love the little gifts and cute things that Angie makes. She makes these totally cute bookmarks and cute pillows.
- My business will pay for it and it's got the money right now.
- I love sewing details. How awesome would it be to embroider my jeans pockets before I added them to my jeans?
No, I should pass:
- I already have two machines in this room. Do I need a third one? Do I have space for a third one?
- How expensive is it going to be?? I see Debbie Cook digitizing logos and things. Do I want to be able to do that? Will I wish I had it after a while? Is that capability really expensive?
- Will I be talented enough (with color and design) to avoid the Becky-Homecky embroidery? You know, the tacky Christmas things you get from your grandparents? I have one grandma who, I swear, sends me whatever things she is about to donate to goodwill. It usually includes some fuuuuuugly embroidery pillow/tablerunner/napkins/you get the idea.
- More needles, more thread, more space, more, more, more!
Questions for you:
- What kind of machine do you suggest? Are there combo machines that do regular sewing and embroidery?
- Is digitizing cool and do I need it? If I understand it, it means that you can take any image and make it into an embroidery design. True? So, could I take some of these fonts and change them into an embroidery design? My son is obsessed with aliens.
- If you have one, what is it, and do you recommend it? I'm really curious about the digitizing. If you don't have it, do you want it? Why didn't you get it?
- Do I need one?
- Is there just the basic software and later you can buy digitizing software if you want it?