Saturday, November 14, 2009

Buttons -- Help!

Man these photos are horrible. I decided that I'm just not a jacket kind of girl. I am going to take the Chanel jacket out of my Wardrobe Contest plans and use this vest instead. It's a Burda pattern and I'll show it to you in detail once I figure out the buttons. What do you think readers? My favorite is #2. I did a close-up of the buttons at the very bottom because these pictures are so horrible. I may have to brave the weather and take a photo outside. It's about 8°F out there.

#1 is a lavender-y plastic button. I am debating the number of buttons too. I could do three or four.


#2 is a plastic button that is made to look like those leather buttons. There is a close-up below.



#3 is a black/mother-of-pearl button. You can't tell anything about it in this photo except for size.


I also put in two other potential buttons: black and gray. And, of course, I could go buy some but I'd rather use ones from stash.

8 comments:

Brian Remlinger said...

I like four buttons better then three and I've always been partial to MOP for some reason. The leather are my least favorite....

How long did this vest take you? I was looking at vest patterns today in the stash and then I got lazy and made t-shirts instead....

Vicki said...

I like the first set best....I think, hard to tell really. You could test the button choices while paring the vest with the other wardrobe pieces to make sure they match them as well. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I agree, mother of pearl, 4 buttons, and do not use the faux leather, unless in real life they are a much different color.
I love your blog, check it almost every day.
Becky@mckeent.com

Rose said...

From what I can see, I like the lavender-y buttons the best, definitely prefer 4 buttons.

Amanda S. said...

I vote for the first choice, and definitely 4 for that small a button size. It looks great!

Rachel said...

I'm going to repeat the comment about the faux leather buttons, i wouldn't use them. The first or third ones both look good though. I'd probably go with the third ones.

Bunny said...

MOP!

Bug Adventures said...

We like #3 and Mr. Jones wants to know if you will be his Halloween fashion consultant.