So I did sew on this puppy for hours today. I included some topstitching details. Every seam on this coat is topstitched. Every one; darts, armholes, pockets, etc.
This is the sleeve. Three part sleeve with two darts in it.
Here's the entire sleeve. The little cut out on the left is purely decorative.
Here is were I am right now. Body is mostly done. I need to add arms and hood then stitch side seams. Once that is done, I put the two other layers inside and put in the zipper. I think I'll get out my Kwik Sew directions for this coat I just made and use those instead of the BWOF directions. I wasn't thinking when I was cutting this out. This coat includes facings and I don't want facings. That would have eliminated 10 pieces. So 116 down to 106. Oh well, I'll know for next time.
Actually I'm really liking this coat. I think this version will look nice but you could also use the lining piece to make the front of the coat if you didn't want all the detail and pieces. The lining pieces are just one for the front, one for the back, two-piece sleeves, and three-piece hood. Much less detail than the shell.