Saturday, April 26, 2008

Burda - 03-2008-115 - Pleated Dress Part III

First off, what the heck is up with our weather? We have had beautiful weather the last week or so. The snow was all gone, my rhubarb is almost a foot tall, my perennials are all green and happy. Well yesterday we recieved about 2 feet of wet, white stuff. I'm refusing to say the "s" word. I work in a school that is high up on a hill. Well, Friday afternoon the buses couldn't get up the hill so we were stuck with ALL 900 7th and 8th grade students. How fun does that sound on a Friday afternoon?? By 5pm most of the students were gone so teachers were able to leave. This is the view from my front window. Yes, we have a big boat in our driveway. And a big truck to haul it around.
Ok, here is my progress so far on the Burda dress. I am almost done. I just need to finish the other sleeve, bind the neck, add the button loop, and hem it. The sleeves are very puffy. It is going to make me look like a line-backer. The slit is closed with a pin so it is probably crooked in the photos.
This is hard fabric to photograph. It is so shiny you can't see the details.
I didn't even try to match the pattern on the back, maybe I should have. I didn't try on the front either but it seems less jarring.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I don't think those sleeves make you look linebackerish - they're really cute and if I ever make this dress again (in a more appropriate size) I might try them. Love your fabric, can't imagine doing this one with slippery stuff though.

And speaking of stuff, sorry about the 2 feet of it you got. My roses are budding, while your rhubarb is under . . . that.

Alexandra said...

Good grief! You have snow? Now? Ouch!

Unknown said...

Dawn - that is soooo cute on you! Very feminine and flirty. :) We didn't get quite as much snow out here as you Anchorage residents did. We're at about 6 inches here in the Valley.Still more than I'd like. :( :( :(

Paula Gardner said...

Despite anything that Charity might say, I most certainly did not send the snow up there!

Dawn, the dress looks great on you. Not like a linebacker at all. You've mentioned before that you think you're bottom heavy (like anyone else can see that), so the puffy sleeves should be just what the doctor ordered.