Sunday, April 6, 2008

Questions and Answers

These are regarding my Simplicity jacket I made last week.

Dana asks...
Does the adhesive from the tape build up on the needle when you're sewing?
---No, the adhesive does not gunk up the needle. And, another bonus, it makes the foot slide nicely over the tape.

Kat said...
That is a great tip! And cheaper than buying a Simplex or whatever that gadget is called.
---Kat, I had to look up what you were talking about. The Simflex looks like a great tool sto have. The tape is mainly there to make it easy to write on ans to help the foot slide over the tape. Here is a link to the Simflex on Nancy's Notions. Thank for pointing out another tool I need. :) For now I just use my quilter's cutting ruler to square everything and put it in the right spot.

This question was asked about the Green Pepper mittens I made last week.

Kat said...
Did the pattern give recommendations or you just knew what fabrics to put together?
---Kat, Green Pepper is really good about giving you advice on what kind of fabric to use. One of the hardest things about making nice, durable outerwear is finding the right fabric. Green Pepper sells some of the fabric and notions they recommend.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thanks for those clarifications, Dawn! That was very helpful.