Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Burda 04-2009 #116 Cropped Jacket

Okay, finally a garment to post! It seems like I've been working on this forever. It hasn't been that long and I haven't really worked on it that much. I've just been so busy with school, family, and everything else. Here's the line drawing and a model photo.



I know these photos are not very good. The light wasn't the best this morning. I will get better photos with details of everything. I love looking at the "guts" of your outfits so I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that you'll like looking at my guts. I like it best buttoned up. The top pockets are faux pockets but the bottom two are functional.


I took about an inch out of each side piece above my butt. I still need to give this a good pressing. Some of the ripple in the hem will go away when I do that.


I don't think it's nearly as cute with the buttons undone. I really like the color and the weight of the fabric. This will be a good chilly-morning jacket. I'll do a proper PR review tomorrow when I get better pictures.


Next up: A simple knit tank from Ottobre. I will finish this mini-wardrobe.

11 comments:

Imaan said...

Looks pretty good, I thought you decided Ottobre was not for you some time ago??? Have you changed your mind since? Good luck on finishing the MiniSWAP on time!

Gail said...

This looks great on you. I like this pattern too.

Lori said...

This is very cute. This is one of my favorite jackets from BWOF.

Anonymous said...

I really like this pattern too, I'm glad to see it done, it looks really good, I like your fabric and the color. I can't wait to try it. I was planning to do the one with no pockets (the one in the wedding section). But I like it with pockets too.

Kitten said...

What a great jacket and done in an awesome fabric. (Also, still love those jeans too!)

Catherine said...

You did a really great job on this one. I love the style, fit and fabric. It looks great on you.

AllisonC said...

Looks great on you, I'm working on a version of this one now, it's very time consuming!

gwensews said...

Love the color of that jacket. It looks like cranberry. Nice details.

Pam Erny said...

Oh what a CUTE jacket...love it !

Meg said...

I heart that pattern madly and wouldn't you know, this is the one issue BWOF failed to send me. (They added a month to my subscription to compensate.) Very cute jacket on you.

Bunny said...

Great jacket! I bet you get tons of wear out of this one.