Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I love this tank -- Ottobre 02-2009

So I had sworn off Ottobre back in October of 2008. Then Paulette shows up at our sewing class with one. Well, what's a girl to do? I just had to try it again right? And, boy am I glad I did. I love this tank pattern. Yes, it's super easy and I probably could have drafted it myself. No, there is nothing really special about it; except that I love it. It's a size 34 and yes, I'll probably be tacky and wear it like this with the bra. At least I got my pink bra and not the mom-Saturday-morning-husband's-gone bra.



Not too much to tell with this pattern. I did do something weird and use a lightweight sweater knit. It has a lot of stretch but it's cozy. I'll be making more of these to use for layering in the winter. I have a lot of odds and ends to wrap up for the mini-wardrobe contest. I need to write a formal review for the tank and the BWOF jacket. I have to actually enter the mini-wardrobe contest. Hee hee. I need to do the formal review for the mini-wardrobe. Hmmmm, what else. Oh, create the collage of all the outfit photos.
And my June BWOF showed up today. I feel bad about the May one. I always try for three patterns out of each issue. That surely didn't happen with May BWOF. But, now that the June issue is here, there are several things I want to make out of it.

12 comments:

Imaan said...

Looks great on you Dawn! Hope you will be planning to try more Ottobre Woman patterns in future, and to showcase!

cidell said...

June is like the best issue in a long long time.

Lori said...

Very cute top.

Unknown said...

Great tank, but you'll never talk me into Ottebre after showing the pattern sheet! As for BWOF, you might not have made 3 things this month, but I'm pretty sure you knocked that vest out before my issue was even out of the plastic wrap!

stacy said...

Very cute! I may have to give this one another look!

Bunny said...

Around here we call your "husbands's gone" bra a "house bra". Right now I have too many of those in my drawers. Great tank.

gwensews said...

A whole wardrobe of tanks would be great. They can go it alone, or look nice under a suit jacket.

Paulette said...

LOVE the fabric....might have to give that tank a try myself....

marysews said...

That tank top turned out great!

Tanya said...

I love your version of the tank. I did that one too, and added a shelf bra into mine so I didn't have to worry about whether the cute bra was clean or not. LOL

Cole's Corner said...

hahahahha... around here we call a "husbands gone bra" no bra at all!

love the tank!

mermaids said...

very cute. i need to make a stack of those for myself. i think the pink straps peeking out look cute.