Saturday, May 2, 2009

Urban Threads and I'm a Dumbass

Urban Threads has a great free embroidery pattern right now. I decided to put it on one of my girl's plain shirts as a trial run.


It's cute, no?


Well, it would have been cute had I not put it on backwards. This is what is really looks like. I had to hoop the shirt upside down because of the hem. So I flipped the image. Well, I should have just rotated it. Instead I vertically flipped it. Oops. Not a big deal unless you are using text.

..................................................................................................
Tomorrow is my first real Couture Jacket class. I'll keep you posted. I decided on the hideous pink jacket. It's Vogue 8481. Our first few classes will just be making the muslin and fitting. I'm glad because I think I will need a lot of help with the fittings.

10 comments:

Mary Nanna said...

You know, I've just been reading one of Claire Shaeffer's books and in it she says, "every home sewer is a designer."

HMMMMMMM Claire, it's back to design school for you, I think.

Sue said...

I love that embroidery design - thanks for letting us know about it. I don't have an embroidery machine but have a good buddy with one and would love to have this on a gym shirt for my boxing class!

Beth Conky said...

When I have a mistake on garment. I usually cover it with an applique (covering mistake)of the original design on a contrasting fabric. It works like a charm.

Elaray said...

Enjoy the class!

mitch1066 said...

thats ok tell her its in code so she can only read it in the mirror:)

Ann Made Studio said...

Have fun at your sewing class.
V 8481 is a nice jacket choice :)

Unknown said...

Do you know I have a whole box of embroidery screw-ups?! Half a dozen knit caps with upside down logos, so don't feel bad... I'm a dumbass, too!
Enjoy the class, I'm sooooo jealous!

angie.a said...

hahaha!!!! I totally would have done that. Can't wait to hear about the class!

gwensews said...

I have made some mistakes embroidering also. It just happens. I hope you enjoy the class. You will learn some invaluable techniques.

Julia said...

Oh how that sounds like something I would do!