Saturday, May 2, 2009

Burda 05-2009 #108 Vest

I feel like I've been working on this forever. I cut it out last week and finished it up today. With all this neighbor business, I've been pretty stressed out and busy. Then I had Kindergarten Round-Up with my son. I really need to get crackin' on the mini-SWAP at PatternReview.com. Yikes.

I love the cropped length of this vest. It will be perfect with turtlenecks in the winter too. It's a mini-houndstooth that my husband picked up the last time he was in Houston.



Here it is from the side. Does this make my butt look large or what? Sheesh. It doesn't bother me but wow, I forget it's back there. ETA: I guess I should say prominent butt. It's not large but it is very sway-backish and sticky-outy. How's that for scientific? :)



This finishes just below my natural waist.


I really like the wide collar pieces but got rid of the cap sheets.



Here it is turned inside out. I made sure that the lining was a little smaller so that the fashion fabric would be pulled to the inside.



I am so pleased with the Necchi buttonholes. Aren't they perfect? I'll have to show you my new chisel too. I went to Lowe's for sewing supplies the other day. More on that later.



The lining is shown up above and then pressed down. This make a little tuck in the lining fabric.



I'll do a proper review a little later today. I'm off to the library book sale. I am hoping to score some sewing books. We'll see what they have to sell.

19 comments:

Maryissewfast said...

Wow! I wish my butt looked as big as yours! LOL!!! Great job on the vest...it looks fabulous!

cidell said...

Well, well, well. I couldn't love this more. I love a vest and it's so cute on you. And, it makes your butt look amazing. Believe me. You would be very popular in Baltimore :)

Amanda S. said...

FINALLY! JK. Very cute vest. It looks like you got a perfect fit. I'm leaning toward a winter plaid for mine so it will be awhile before I get around to it.

Lori said...

Cute vest, I really like it without the sleeves. Nice job.

Claudine said...

Very cool and trendy! Houndstooth is very a la mode now. And no, your butt does not look big. Or maybe it does, but in a good way.

Ann Made Studio said...

Great looking vest and great fit!

capperoo said...

That fits perfectly! Great job on it.

Bunny said...

Darling little vest and your booty looks fine!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun outfit. The fabric is perfect! And I agree, love the collar. Enjoy wearing it.

Nothing like a library sale. In the stacks at our library there is a store of donated books--it is like treasure hunting!

Unknown said...

Great vest, you look fantastic! So hip and trendy!!! BTW, I figured out how to convert formats, so watch your email!

gwensews said...

Gee whiz, my butt should be so big! Cute vest. You wear it well.

Little Hunting Creek said...

That is a super cute vest and it makes your rear view look the way rear views are SUPPOSED to look!

Linda L said...

Cute vest. I keep looking at this pattern and I like it more and more. Be proud of your butt, someday it could be flat and hanging down and you will turn around and say "what is that?"

Vicki said...

That is really cute. And what a great side view you have. I wish I had a bit more of that and less of a pancake..lol..more squats I suppose ;(

angie.a said...

Super cute! And woman, this is how long normal people take to make projects! :P

Cole's Corner said...

Man! That vest is adorable!

Cennetta said...

Super cute vest.

quer|elastisch Sabine Sprotte said...

Wish to have lots of time to sew it as well!

Paulette said...

Looks great!! I so need to get back from vacation and start tracing some patterns!!!