Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Couture Jacket Class -- 2

I want a silk charmeuse for the lining of my couture jacket. If I'm spending all this time on it, I want it to be lux on the inside too. These are all stretch silk charmeuse from Thai Silks. I want the inside to be much more wild than the outside gray. The outside of the jacket will be a grey wool that has multi-colored flecks in it. It's super pretty in person but kind of blah on the monitor.




I thought about this one. Love it. Love the colors. How fun would this be to put on in the morning?




Then I saw the poppies. I love poppies. Lurve them. They might be my favorite flower. I love this red/black combo.


But then I saw these. I settled on this colorway. I'm really into pink/purple for some reason right now. I'm certainly not a pink-y froo froo type of girl. How fun will this be as a lining???


My next class is this Sunday and I think we are going to work on fitting the muslin. I'll keep you posted.

14 comments:

Bunny said...

The purple poppies seem the perfect choice.

Julia said...

All the flowers would make a very pretty, fun, bright lining for your jacket. I can't wait to see it all done up.

gwensews said...

Pretty lining. It looks like it coordinates well with the fashion fabric.

Meg said...

I like your choice.

Elaray said...

I think the purple flowers coordinate well with your tweedy wool.

melissa said...

Ooh ooh pick the purple poppies! Besides the extra points you'll earn for skilful alliteration, you can amaze everyone with your poppy knowledge, because purple poppies exist! They're Himalayan, and I'd never heard of them until we moved to our mooring and we've got them everywhere, along with the normal red type and some fuschia-y hybrids where the red and purple varieties have mixed. Rawr.

Rachel said...

I love the 2nd silk.

Anonymous said...

I love the first one! But I like the purple poppies too.

Anonymous said...

I would definitely go for one of the floral prints(the purple poppies or the second print). It will be fun to open your jacket and see a bright cheerful print.

BeccaA

Ann Made Studio said...

Cool prints! I like the purple poppies too!

Unknown said...

Good choice, very pretty!!

JoanneM said...

You cannot go wrong with any of those choices. All superb!

Carol said...

Gorgeous linings! I would have gone for the red and black poppies, but I think you're choice is better. It's still fun and cheerful, but won't clash. I'm a big fan of flashy linings and I'm currently making a white wool coat that I'm having trouble choosing a lining for.

Jacqui said...

The purple poppies will be so fun to slip into!