Thursday, October 9, 2008

Kwik Sew 3167 Sexy Undies/Camisole

How cute is this pattern? I had to buy it. I haven't ever seen stuff like this in BWOF.


Here is my version of view B. Yes, I know the black looks sort of tacky with the white but I didn't want to wait to try the pattern. Oh, and I used 3" stretch lace instead of 6". The rise is much lower on these. I'll have to order some wider lace. My local boutique only had this width and only in white. I'm more of a black lace girl myself.


Back. I highlighted the back so you could actually see it.


The inside. The CF is serged and the cotton panel is sewed on using my multi-step zigzag (is that what that stitch is called??) stitch. It works well on lacy knits like this and it is a stretchy stitch.


I'll do a real review tomorrow. There are lots of reviews of this pattern on PatternReview.com. I think I'm a little late to this party.

9 comments:

Sewingadicta said...

Ohhh! IT´S LOVELY!!!!!!

cidell said...

Dawn, there's an ooooold BWOF with something similar. I'll send you an email so you can see. I never bothered because it looks like it had zippo support. but, it was really pretty with black stretch lace.

Lisa Laree said...

I have some RTW undies that used narrower lace sewn together to make wide lace; you could try that if you can't find the 6" lace locally.

I think it overlapped about 1/4"....

Christina said...

The December issue of BWOF usually has lingerie/sleepwear, and a couple of years ago they had some really sexy stuff, maybe it's the same that Cidell is thinking of.

Anyway, your undies are great! I really want to try some of these.

Ashley Anne said...

I have been wanting to sew something like this forever; I don't have a serger, though. Do you think I could get by using this pattern without one?

Thanks in advance!

lsaspacey said...

Cool! I'm more of a boxer-brief type of girl myself but I like those camisoles.

Funny, how you did this pattern because I'm also writing about a Kwik Sew lingerie/sleepwear pattern. It has a guick and easy fleece tank and these great boxer briefs with an incredible fitted construction.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, BWOF has everything :-). And you pretty much have to mail-order lace wide enough if you live anywhere else than NY.

But I particularly enjoy this entry's contrast with the previous one :-).

angie.a said...

sexy undies! Wow! :D

Melissa said...

Va va voom - but are they at all comfy???? I'm sure your hubby is awfully fond of them too! ;-)