Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Burda 08-2008-118 Tunic Top

  1. How much do you love this fabric????? It's a lightweight sweater knit from the Farics and Notions coop that I mentioned in this post.
  2. The tie does match, really.
  3. Got the haircut. Really like it. I may go back in a couple of weeks and get it a bit shorter.
  4. The second girl coat died. I realized that I put the front together incorrectly. I started to seam rip it. Big hole. Oops. I'll make another one and, really, I'm not that sad about it. Probably I just need a break from that pattern.





It's hard to get a decent picture of this fabric.

11 comments:

Shelley's Garden said...

Wow! What a great choice of fabric for the tunic pattern. What kind of fabric is it? I once purchased some texture fabric but it was a synthetic that seemed a bit itchy and the fibres bothered my nose as I sewed! :)

cidell said...

Love this in a sweater knit!

-E said...

Love it! And boy is that jumper versatile!!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

That looks nice and snuggly! Perfect for the chilly day we're having here.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, what a great use of the fabric. I bought some of it and had no idea what to do with it. Now I have an idea. :-)

Melissa said...

That is so yummy looking fabric. I try to ignore Ressy's emails becasue I need no temptation right now. That being said, if you see more cool sweater knits she's offer - let me know ASAP! :-) The color looks great on you too!

judy said...

I got some of that fabric too! Now I have more ideas of what to do with it! It looks great on you!

Unknown said...

Cute tunic! You've been tagged. List seven sewing facts about yourself and tag five others!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Love the haircut!

angie.a said...

Sometimes I think I'm losing my flipping mind. I would have sworn I commented on this. I LOVE IT. LOVE the purple sweater knit, perfect for this pattern.

Anonymous said...

Nice photos..! I really appreciate your choice of fabric for the tunic pattern.