Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trouser Jeans 3 - Done!!

They're doooone. Here's the updated review at PatternReview.com. I really like them except for the fact that the fly stitching is so close to the right welt pocket. I'll have to remember in case I want to do that again.


I decided to sew in a snap instead of using a button. The original pants had a big blue button but I coulnd't find one that didn't look dorky.


The rear double welt is actually a faux pocket. I didn't stitch it shut but I should have. I almost never put things in rear pockets.


I had to do quite a bit of a swayback/athletic butt adjustment.


I made 1.5" cuffs and hemmed them using the topstitching thread.


This is before I put in the snap, I was trying to decide what to use.

15 comments:

Lori said...

Great looking jeans.

Salinda said...

Wow! You had a very productive weekend. The jeans look great.

Anonymous said...

I like the jeans! You whipped them up fast! great job, cindy

Anonymous said...

wow those came out great and they fit you PERFECTLY!! Love the topstitching too!! I agree about the welt pocket position. I believe I remember Cidell saying something about home sewing patterns having fly fronts that are bigger than RTW...I think. Anyway, you live and you learn. Either way they look fab!

Unknown said...

Nice job! How do you do it? You knock out a pair of pants in less time that it takes me to even get my supplies ready!

Melissa said...

Gosh you're quick - those look great!

Anonymous said...

Those are HOT!!! My goal is to successfully make a pair of pants/jeans.

elbereth said...

These are really fab. Makes me look at making my own jeans differently.

Lisa said...

Comments about 2 posts.
1- Nice job on the Trousers. You look good in them!

2- Halloween: My friend's son took a sharpie and colored the coffee table and part of her sofa when he was about your daughter's age. The kicker--her husband was sitting on the couch at the time!!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT JEANS!! They fit perfect, i love the wider bottoms.

Nancy Winningham said...

These turned out great!

Vicki said...

Great job!

Lory said...

Those jeans look Fabulous! Kudos. :):):)

L.

Nancy K said...

Great looking pants!

Maja said...

Great looking jeans!